Shortly after Kenny turned 60 years young, he and Sharon started looking at small country towns. They settled on Montagu and felt that the karma was special and the more people they met, the more at home they felt. Soon after they bought a plot at the end of Long Street, then known as Oudekombuis.
The Barn on 62 Coffee Shop and Restaurant was born. It was a baptism of fire, as the roadworks and Cogmans Pass upgrade began two weeks after theirs doors opened. The passing trade was small.
However with Sharon's personality, hard work and sharing a love for Coffee, their aim was to create a great coffee ambience, serving excellent coffee and a restaurant serving local fresh produce and quality baked goods.
With the Coffee Shop and Restaurant doing really well, there is potentially a lot more on the cards:
- Eventually mezze platter style eating with cured meats and cheeses into the late afternoon and early evening
- A shop selling anything from deli products, local produce to pieces of art
- Developing beautiful vegetable gardens where we could supply both ourselves and the locals
- Venue hire and functions
- Small weddings
- Accommodation will be developed probably under a different name
- Music and open mic evenings
- Movie nights
- Wine and whisky tastings with pairings
For more information, photos, contact details and sample menu, visit their restaurant listing here