MATA (Montagu-Ashton Tourism Association) is a Local Tourism Authority, partially funded by the Municipality and partially by members' fees.
It is a non-profit organization that has as its main aim the promotion of the region, in order to attract tourists, local, national and international. To do this we attend as many Tourism shows as we can, with the funds we have available, promote Montagu where possible in the press, and support the tourists who visit the area, through the services offered by the office. These services include tourist information on sightseeing activities, accommodation, restaurants and any other information they might need to make their stay enjoyable.
The day to day functioning of the Association includes
* Liaison with other stakeholders to promote tourism and joint marketing of the Montagu-Ashton destination.
* Provide advice on marketing opportunities.
* Provide information on tourism trends based on research and marketing intelligence.
* Circulate newsletters to members regarding industry related matters.
Benefits of Membership
* Training programmes offered by the Department of Economic Development and Tourism, for skills development.
* Certificates of membership showing compliance with safety, health and comfort of guests once assessments have been done by the Department.
* Membership qualifies businesses for applications for road sign-age.
* Membership qualifies businesses for the Tourist Safety and Support programme.
* Members product information is listed on the Associations website, with direct access for visitors to their personal website.
* Opportunities to have brochures at national and international trade shows, and to the media.
* Use of Cape Town and Western Cape brand to endorse products and services.
Indirect Benefits of Membership
You are joining the business community of Montagu-Ashton in supporting the promotion of the town. This kind of visibility and co-operation is invaluable for networking and essential to the whole community.
Networking with fellow members provides the opportunity to exchange ideas and create synergies/partnerships with others.
A vast percentage of the towns employment and income results from Tourism and without it, the area cannot prosper.
For further information, please contact the Tourism Office at:
Telephone: +27 23 614 2471