Welcome to our 2022 Koo School Bowls Fundraiser. Thank you to the participating teams for your support - we trust you will enjoy the day! Total beginners welcome.
Practice will be permitted from 3pm to 5pm on Monday 23 May. Teams are encouraged to wear the same color outfits (but not necessary).
8h30: Arrival, Registration, Tea and Coffee
9h00: Opening and Welcome
9h15: First game
10h45: Second Game
12h30: Third Game
14h00: Fundraising Spider (R10 per person)
3 games of 8 ends will be played. If play is slow, 6 ends will be played.
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
• All games will be pre-drawn for the 3 rounds.
• Each game shall be played over 8 ends by teams of three.
• No trial ends. No burnt ends. The jack will be placed on the 2m mark.
• Afternoon play shall be in the other direction to morning play.
• A maximum of 1 hour and 30 minutes will be permitted. A bell will ring if the time limit is exceeded, and the current head is to be completed.
• Two points for a win, one point each for a draw and zero points for a loss.
• Should play be abandoned for any reason, the scores will be taken at their current state.
• The position will be decided by the following sequential criteria. Points, highest Net Score, highest shot percentage (i.e., shots for divided by shots against). If still a tie; a one-end tie breaker will be played until a result is achieved.
• Smoking, alcohol, and cell phones will not be permitted within 2 meters of the green while play is in progress.
• If anything should arise that is not specifically covered in these Conditions of Play, then the Laws of the Sport of Bowls — Crystal Mark Third Edition will apply.
On the 1st of every month, we send out our "Events Mailer", highlighting all the events taking place in and around Montagu for that month. Be sure to subscribe not to miss out on important events.
Do you have an upcoming event in or around Montagu? ADD YOUR EVENT